CHICO WAS BORN YOUSSEPH SLIMMANI IN BRIDGEND, WALES, AND RETURNED TO HIS FATHER’S NATIVE MOROCCO AT THE AGE OF TWO WHERE HE WAS BROUGHT UP ON HIS GRANDPAPRENTS’ FARM AS A GOAT HERDER
He returned to the UK at the age of 13 and came to prominence when He appeared on the 2005 X Factor and knocked Madonna off the top spot in the UK chart with his infectious No1 single “It’s Chico Time”.
Chico turned his hands to acting where He co-stars with his brother JC Mac. The pair also wrote, produced and starred in the short film Winner Takes All that received a BAFTA nomination and was in the official selection of over 40 film festivals worldwide.
Chico ventured into the fitness industry in 2014 where He qualified as a YMCA ETM (Exercise To Music) instructor and is now the proud owner of “Block Fit” which He hopes to make a global brand.
Chico is a born entertainer, who embodies the PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) philosophy, and whether He is on stage singing, acting, ice-skating or fitness presenting, you know that once he is on stage he will give you 100% of whatever He’s GOT.
HIS ACHIEVEMENTS SO FAR:
1. Founder of the charity: www.rainbowchildfoundation.co.uk the charity helped 25000 children around the world in 8 years.
2. Founder of Block Fit.
3. Writing, producing & starring in a BAFTA nominated short film “Winner takes all”.
4. Playing the lead role in seven HIT Pantos in the UK including Aladdin, prince charming in snow white, and Jack in Jack and the beanstalk.
5. Toured with the hit show “Boogie nights” with the legendary Osmonds.
6. Reached the final of Dancing On Ice in 2012.
7. Produced the ice-skating UK extravaganza tour with the Russian all stars “Celebrities on ICE”.
8. Finalist on the TV show “Celeb air”.
9. Appeared on countless TV shows from GMTV to This morning, top of the pops, Loose Women, never mind the Buzz-cocks, celebrity Juice, Big brother, celebrity total wipe out but to name a few.